The following pages are about having students communicate mathematics in writing.
- Assignments on writing
- Giving a lecture or workshop on writing
- Examples of good math writing
- Revising Writing
- Peer critique on writing
- Resources for writing: handouts & links
- Writing to learn: using writing to help students learn math
- English learners & global English
- Opportunities for publishing and writing prizes
- Reading mathematics
- Feedback and assessment for writing
Things to consider before having students write
- Why do you want students to write about math?
- To learn how to write math well?
- As a vehicle for learning math?
- To help you assess their understanding?
Your answers will inform how you teach, assign, and assess writing.