Publishing opportunities for student writing include the following:
- The Center for Undergraduate Research in Mathematics has compiled a list of journals that publish student research papers.
- Pi in the Sky is a math magazine for high school students. Anyone may submit articles, which will be peer reviewed.
- The Mathematical Association of America publishes journals for a broad audience, with an emphasis on the undergraduate level. Anyone may submit articles, and peer review is blind to the educational level of the author. Articles written by undergraduates (and younger) have been accepted.
- Harvard College Math Review (perhaps no longer published)
Writing contests include the following:
- Association for Women in Mathematics Essay Contest: Biographies of Contemporary Women in Mathematics. This contest is open to middle school students, high school students, and undergraduates.
If you know of more opportunities for students, please contact us.